10. okt. 2012

PP first time

I’ll start off with my first blog ever; it’s PP on my 22, 5” Weber, the 7.11.2011. As I said earlier, I haven’t been BBQ’ing more than 11 month. So this was at that point an experiment for me.
I started with rubbing the pork shoulder and wrapped it in glad pack overnight.
The big day started at 0700 by lightening the grill. And 0730 the shoulder was ready to go. I managed to keep the temperature at 220-230 and used apple trunks from my own garden for good smoke.
I managed to keep the temperature at 220-230 and used apple chunks from my own garden for good smoke.
I had to regulate the vents a lot during the day (I did not use water trays to get a steady heat at that point.)I had to refill charcoal every 2 hours. But I used only 1-1, 2 Kg charcoal during the whole day.
When the meat started to”loosen” after approximately 11.5 hours I wrapped it in foil and let it rest for half an hour.
Got an good smoke ring and a good bark on this. so it almost "Melted" apart.
This time served with coleslaw, buns and potatoes. Taste good. … later I discovered that it would be nice with some extra touch with sauce and other garnish but more stories will come and I still like it experiment on the PP varieties.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar